This would be my 100th post ever since I started here on WordPress. I don’t want to make a big deal out of it, but I can’t just let this go without any sort of fanfare. So… here I am. Anyway, I figured that this is the only time I’d be able to visit YouTube (I’m in an internet café with fast as fast connection), and I’ve used my time wisely searching for the new Harry Potter Trailer. This is what I found:
In case you’ve missed the first one — where do you live, under a rock? — here it is as well:
Oh, and as for POTTERMORE.COM, I couldn’t access it until now. There’s a video in there of J.K. Rowling herself, explaining what the site is all about. I was right. It’s gonna be like an RPG/social networking website, only it’s going to be ‘safe’. I’m guessing everything there would be at least PG. I can’t wait!
With all the hype going around this new website, I decided to jump in the bandwagon, so to speak. I’m not really that excited with whatever news Rowling’s got (I’m quite content with the seven books, eight movies and countless admirable people surrounding the franchise), but that’s not me saying I don’t care.
The owls are gathering... Find out why soon
Because I care, really. It’s just my crappy internet connection working against me. The highest it can go is 33 kbps — 50 on a good day, 10 on a bad — so that means I can’t open up YouTube. However, diligently scouring through the many articles on the internet, this is what I got:
- J.K Rowling’s announcing something on the 23rd of June; the YouTube link is for the countdown
- It has nothing to do with the upcoming movie
- No matter how much the fans pray, the announcement has nothing to do with a new set of Potter books, either… *insert sad face*
- On the brighter side, it could either be…
- A virtual encyclopedia — I read somewhere that Rowling was planning to do this years ago. I wonder what’s going to happen to Harry Potter Lexicon if this is true.
- A social networking community — this would be my favorite, since I’m an avid social networking geek. I would love to connect with other Harry Potter fans.
- Last but not the least, a multi-player online role-playing game.
I’ve had my fair share of RPGs — Hogwarts New Zealand comes to mind at the moment — and I have a strong feeling that this might be answer. I mean, it’s PotterMORE. Potter Multiplayer Online Role-playing Experience. Need I say more?
I can’t take credit for the idea, seeing as it’s not mine. I got that from this link. Still, I think the idea has credit. While I’m still rooting for the social networking community, I’m not saying no to an RPG.
Over and out.