This is me making up for my admiration of the Twilight Saga. Sorry, Potterverse! *sheepish smile*
The pictures are clearly not mine, having found them in this wonderful Tumblr account. If you’re a Pothead, you better subscribe to it. And if you’re a bigger Pothead, subscribe to my account as well. It’s not officially Harry Potter related, but I reblog a lot of Potter things ;)
That’s it. Wala na. No more movies.
The era of Harry Potter has ended.
To quote a friend of mine: “I watched Deathly Hallows, Part 2! …What do I do with my life now?” Yes, fans will still continue to read the books, watch the movies and just basically obsess over the entire world of Harry Potter, but you can’t deny that something wonderful and special just ended. There would be no more talks of I can’t wait for the next movie; instead there would be reminisces and Did you remember those seven books/eight movies about that kid with glasses?
If you couldn’t guess, I watched the movie tonight… well, today if you’re picky, since the movie elapsed well into the next morning. I’m not gonna talk about the technicalities of the movie just yet — that is reserved for another post (well, maybe), after I watch the movie a second time — since I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that THE MOVIES ARE OVER.
cried bawled buckets of tears. My nose was running like an open faucet and my tears were falling like one of nature’s waterfalls. And I think I annoyed my family with my sobs and sniffles and random whispers about the movie/book… *cringe*
Off the top of my head, here are the comments I have of the movie:
- Helena Bonham Carter did wonderfully playing a Polyjuiced Hermione — she even got the eyebrows thing Emma does when acting!
- Alan Rickman did wonderfully too. I never did feel for Snape… I mean, I know I should because he’s been practically living his entire life with a broke heart. And I do feel for him, actually; just a little bit. But Alan’s portrayal — whoa. I cried. As in the tears came flowing freely.
- The scene at the King’s Cross Station was cheesy, and in my opinion the lowest point of the movie. Perhaps it was the lack of glasses for both Harry and Dumbledore. Perhaps it was the fact that it was just so white, or maybe it was because I was too preoccupied staring at Daniel Radcliffe and wondering how big his head was compared to his shoulders… ^__^
- I don’t think Ron and Hermione’s kiss wouldn’t be voted best kiss for the MTV Movie Awards because they didn’t even show the lip-locking. It’s a bit disappointing, since Emma and Rupert have been talking about how awkward it was to shoot. On the plus side, it wasn’t as disappointing as Harry and Ginny’s kiss.
- Ginny’s whisper of “I know” to Harry after their kiss is worth mentioning, though. It’s just so Ginny, I’m willing to forgive Bonnie’s acting for it.
- The best scene of the movie was Neville cutting of Nagini’s head. Matthew Lewis really did steal the show for me.
- Despite Ron and Hermione being love interests, I can’t help but keep noticing the chemistry between Hermione and Harry — or I suppose Emma and Daniel. Near the ending when the Trio were holding hands, Hermione was closer to Harry than to Ron, her boyfriend.
- And my most anticipated scene of the entire movie, THE EPILOGUE, was quite disappointing. I dunno, I just expected more. It was still nice, though.
All right, I’m off to cry some more now. Oh, and did I mention that I watched the movie in 3D? Yeah, it was awesome.
I’ve seen the reactions to these speeches first in Tumblr and then in YouTube, and I have half a mind to not watch them myself because I don’t want to make myself sad and despondent and depressed. That, and I already have a runny nose from a cold and I don’t want to make it worse by crying.
You have to admit though, the post-Potter Depression is a real thing.
On other notes, please like my page on Facebook dedicated to what Emma said to Dan about being the “perfect Harry.” Thank you!
More posters for us Harry Potter fans! Can I get a whoop whoop?!
I am so hyped! These posters are epic. They’ve retouched them too much — Bellatrix doesn’t even look like her psychotic self, and Harry just looks weird — but still. I’m floored. Gob smacked. Flabbergasted. This is too awesome! I can’t wait for the movie! 15th of July, everyone. Don’t forget! Put it in your cell phones, planners and the like. It’s a must-see! ^_^